Career Development and Wealth Generation Tool - Book Review: "Deep Work" by Cal Newport
Career Development and Wealth Generation Tool - Book Review: “Deep Work” by Cal Newport
What is the return on investment (ROI) for this book?
- There is an unfathomable high potential ROI if one lives a “Deep Work” practice tailored to your needs.
- This is a book to be lived, not simply read.
- You cannot succeed in achieving and sustaining a high level of income and wealth generation without many of the practices cited in this book.
Key topics covered in “Deep Work”
- Time Management
- Resource management from the perspective of time, attention and applied energy
- Setting conditions for deep thinking and focused profitable outcomes
- Developing sensitivity to recognizing disruptions and apply mitigation strategies to stay focused
Should I spend money on this book?
- I checked this book out from a library.
- I did not recognize new, or innovative material, or I would have purchased it.
- I did take about 5 pages worth of notes I believe can be condensed into less pages.
- This book is common sense not commonly practiced.
- If you don’t live the book, the book is worthless
Should I read this book?
- Not if you have a results-driven personality or have limited time
- The book is about 300 pages of common-sense practices collated in an uncommon manner citing time management and practices conducive to productive focused outcomes.
- I was frustrated having to weed out the nuggets of gold that could be reduced down to 5-10 pages that I could model and put into practice.
- I do recommend skimming the book and highlighting areas of interest.
- If able, assign an employee to distill the book observations tailored to your business and personal interests.
- The book is over 300 pages and can theoretically be concentrated to 10 pages…. Maybe even less.
Okay, you still want to buy the book or audio?
- Here is an Amazon link to help you: